UW Health's American Family Children's Hospital Radiothon
UW Health’s American Family Children’s Hospital Radiothon
The 17th annual UW Health’s American Family Children’s Hospital Radiothon is October 19, 20 and 21st!
During the three-day Radiothon, sponsored by Settlers bank, patients treated at the children’s hospital and their families will tell stories of survival and courage. Learn about kids you may know who have waged courageous battles against cancer, birth defects, kidney disease, trauma injuries and other hurdles.
Tune in each day from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Make a pledge at (877) 719-5437 (KIDS) or donate here:
The money you donate will help save lives!
Here are just some of the ways donations have been used in past years:
· Funded a Child Life Specialist position in the Emergency Department to help patients and their families cope with fear, pain, and anxiety.
· Provided supplies for the Positive Image Center which offers wigs, hats and salon services to patients free of charge.
· Provided gas cards and transportation resources for families who need help getting to and from the hospital, including those who need treatments several times each week.
· Supported Tyler’s Place sibling care, so parents can stay with their hospitalized child while the siblings are taken care of in a nurturing and therapeutic environment.
· Provided dinners for thousands of moms, dads, and patient visitors.
How can you become a Champion for Kids?
· You become a champion by donating just $15 a month!
Share this page with your friends! Share on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram —ALL OVER! Use the Hashtag #Champion4Kids!
Donations to the American Family Children’s Hospital and UW Health are managed by the University of Wisconsin Foundation, the official fundraising and gift-receiving organization for the University of Wisconsin-Madison and UW Health. The UW Foundation is a publicly supported charitable organization under sections 501(c)(3), 509(a)(1) and 170(b)(1)(A)(iv) of the IRS Code. A gift is fully tax deductible unless the donor receives goods and/or services in exchange for her or his contribution or as long as the value of any goods or services received qualify as ‘low cost articles’ under section 513(h)(2).